Key Club is a volunteer service organization sponsored by Kiwanis International; the Alexandria Kiwanis Club sponsors the HSM Key Club. At Menard, Key Club focuses on service projects geared toward school and community betterment. Key Club members must meet the following requirements and abide by the following standards:
• Be a high school student;
• Maintain a 2.0 GPA or above;
• Complete 50 volunteer hours per calendar year (at least 2 hours each month);
• Attend club meetings (every other Wednesday at 7:30 a.m.).
President: Rebecca D. (Senior)
Vice-President: Marie P. (Sophomore)
Secretary: Amelia L. Sophomore)
Treasurer/Reporter: Grant P. (Junior)
Faculty Sponsor: Amy McKay
Kiwanis Advisers: Gene Cicardo, James Bolen
KEY CLUB MISSION STATEMENT
Key Club is an international student-led organization which provides its members with opportunities to provide service, build character, and develop leadership.
KEY CLUB VISION
To develop competent, capable, and caring leaders through the vehicle of service.
KEY CLUB PLEDGE
I pledge my honor to uphold the Objects of Key Club International;
to build my home, school, and community;
to serve my nation and God;
and combat all forces which tend to undermine these institutions.
KEY CLUB International OBJECTIVES
To develop initiative and leadership
To provide experience in living and working together
To serve the school and community
To cooperate with the school principal
To prepare for useful citizenship
To accept and promote the following ideals:
• To be proud of the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life;
• To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships;
• To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship, and social contracts;
• To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship;
• To provide practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service, and to build better communities;
• To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which will make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.